Wednesday 14 May 2014

Recipe: Spag Bol

This recipe is an oldie but a goodie!  I think everyone would have had a variety of Spaghetti Bolognese however this is my twist on it :)

Ingredients:

  •  500g of Pasta - you can use any type of pasta you want!
  • 1kg of beef mince (or chicken, lamb, veal...)
  • 1 bottle of pasta sauce (I like to use ones that include "hidden vegies")
  • tomatoes roughly chopped
  • 1/2 a medium capscicum finely chopped
  • 1 carrot thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves of garlie
  • 1 medium onion finely chopped
  • salt, pepper, your choice of spices
  • grated cheese (to top your pasta with)




Process:

STEP 1:

Prepare all your ingredients as per list above (e.g.:  slice, chop, grind, etc... you get the point!)




STEP 2:

Add a small amount of oil to your electric frypan and brown your onion and garlic.




STEP 3: 

Meanwhile, bring about 5 litres of water in a large stock pot and add your pasta, cooking as per instructions on it's packet.




STEP 4:

Then add your broken up mince to your fry pan and brown.




STEP 5:

Add the vegies and sauce and mix.  Then let this simmer on low while your pasta finishes cooking.






 STEP 6:

 Drain pasta in a colander and return to stock pot.




STEP 7:

 Mix your mince mixture into your pasta and serve directly from stock pot.





Review of Recipe:

This is by no means the first time I have cooked this recipe nor the last.  It is one of the easiest things to cook because all you're really doing to "frying" everything and then mixing :)  That being said I really enjoy cooking this and I love adding in all the vegies!  I make this differently every time depending on what I have in my fridge & pantry.






Let me know if you try this recipe or if you add anything good to your spag bol!  Also recommendations for other recipes I should try are always welcome :)




No comments:

Post a Comment